The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a new Proposed Rule for skilled nursing facilities Friday, April 27. What was once known as RCS-1 is now the proposed Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM).
Consonus has been preparing and is ready to adapt to this new Model in the following ways.
- Our clinicians are already certified in CARE scoring (basis for Section GG) and have been collecting data on all our rehab patients since 2014.
- We have successfully implemented International Clinical Guidelines for Balance, Chronic Conditions, and Cognitive Disabilities.
- Consonus has demonstrated proven operational strategies for success in a 65% managed care environment.
- Our Advanced Rehab Model lowers cost through economical strategies while maintaining functional improvement outcomes higher than the national average.
- We have invested in research with trusted partners to show the efficacy of our equipment use on functional outcomes.
- Consonus teams and customers have use of real time data to assess, act upon and compare pay for performance measures like readmissions, functional outcomes, customer satisfaction, and quality measures via Co-Pilot Data Analytics.
- With our parent company we have initiated our own Institutional Special Needs Medicare Advantage plan (I-SNP plan) in order to model population health strategies as well as partnering with other Medicare Advantage plans in a shared risk per member per month agreement.
- Consonus clinicians understand the Quality Measures which also affect SNF payment rates and are ready to partner in the overall care provided.
- We have partnered with our parent company to enter into an Episodic Payment model with shared risk between the providers and payer.