LAS VEGAS – September 29, 2016 – Consonus Pharmacy, a long-term care company committed to servicing the needs of seniors, is now operating its first location in Las Vegas. A crowd of nurses, pharmacists and medical staff gathered at Wednesday’s ribbon cutting to officially launch the project that has been two years in the making.
This launch is especially important given that a 2015 report on Elder Issues in Nevada found that in the last ten years “growth in the oldest segment of the population (85+) has increased by 78%.”
“A huge focus when caring for our country’s aging population has to be on geriatric pharmacy care,” commented Beth Biggs, vice president of operations for Consonus Pharmacy. “As Baby Boomers age we want to be there to provide them with the care and services that are specific to their needs and expectations. Our team is passionate about seniors, not just their prescriptions.”
Consonus Pharmacy specializes in the unique needs of seniors and provides services such as:
- Clinical Checks: When a resident or patient is admitted from their home or the hospital, the Consonus Pharmacy team combs through medication orders looking for everything from a drug interaction to new therapies or other warnings. This added step can save lives and improve the overall health of patient populations.
- On-Site Consultants: Consonus’ team of on-site pharmacists visit partner locations each month to meet with senior leadership, the location’s QAPI team, infection control team, antipsychotic team and others.
- Geriatric Pharmacy Board Certification: Many Consonus pharmacists are board certified and experts in the field of geriatric pharmacy.
- Medicare Part D Expertise: The billing and services team at Consonus can help facilities navigate Medicare Part D; being good stewards of residents and facilities’ health care dollars.
- 24 Hour Customer Service: The clinical team and pharmacists are available 24 hours a day to help with questions over the phone, voice to voice.
For more information on Consonus Pharmacy, or to inquire about becoming a partner facility, please visit: www.consonushealth.com/pharmacy
About Consonus Healthcare Services
Operating for over 25 years, Consonus provides consulting, rehab, pharmacy and post-acute care transformation (PACT). Consonus’ comprehensive pharmacy services are designed specifically for the long-term care industry, which allows facilities to maximize occupancy, increase resident retention and improve residents’ functional independence. Based in Portland, Ore., Consonus serves more than 300 facilities nation-wide. For more information visit, www.consonushealth.com
Media Contact: Molly Ishkanian, R/West PR
New Pharmacy Offers On-Site Consulting and 24 Hour Customer Support for Long-Term Care Facilities